June, 2012: The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier, Inc. (JLSB) has announced the appointment of its 2012-2013 Board of Directors. The Board will be lead by the new President, Shelly Stone, as the non-profit organization enters its 80th year of community service. In addition to President Shelly Stone, the Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’s Board members for the 2012-2013 fiscal year are:
- President-Elect: Melanie Peacock
- Community Vice President: Caroline Tillman
- Communications Vice President: Shannon Lucas
- Membership Vice President: Becky Berry
- Ways and Means Vice President: Elba Hamilton
- Treasurer: Crystal Williams
- Assistant Treasurer: Emily Rice
- Secretary: Elizabeth Pippin
- Placement Chairman: Molly Maranto
- Nominating Chairman: Heather Brown
- Project Research and Development Chairman: Katie Loomis
- Sustainer Advisor: Maureen Gamble.
“The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier is very fortunate to have such a talented and dedicated leadership team as we celebrate our 80th anniversary, “ stated JLSB President, Shelly Stone.
Since 1933, the Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier has been building a better community through initiation of projects such as Mollie E Webb Speech and Hearing Center, Rutherford House, Red River Revel and LSUS Pioneer Heritage Center. Current League community projects include Between the Lines, LSUHSC Bingo, Domestic Violence Education and Prevention in partnership with Providence House, Health Literacy Summer Camp, Super Safety Saturday at Sheriff’s Safety Town, Red River Revel Artist for a Day and Kids in the Kitchen.