Provisional members are new members who are in the process of completing admission requirements for active membership. As such, you shall be committed to completing the provisional course within the following year after your acceptance of provisional membership.
This course is designed to provide opportunities to learn more about the community, train for volunteering and learn about the responsibilities that come with League membership. If you are unable to complete the provisional course for unavoidable reasons, the Management Team may grant one extension of 12 months. While completing the provisional course, provisional members attend General Membership Meetings but are not eligible to vote or hold office. The provisional year is from August until the following May.
Informational meetings are held in the fall and spring to allow interested women to learn about the Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier. A complete list of the provisional course requirements is made available at this meeting.
Interested in joining Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier?
The application period for the 2017-2018 Provisional Year is open NOW through May 26, 2017.
Provisional Informational Meetings will take place at Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier office located at 2601 Line Ave, Shreveport, LA 71104. Candidates are encouraged to attend one of the three (3) informational meetings on the following dates:
- March 23, 2017 at 6:00 pm
- April 20, 2017 at 6:00 pm
- April 27, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Provisional Eligibility & Requirements:
- A candidate shall have reached her 24th birthday by June 1, 2017.
- Provisional members must attend the Provisional Retreat held on a Saturday in August 2017.
- Provisional members shall be committed to attend a two-hour meeting held in the evenings once a month beginning September 2017 through May 2018 and complete the Provisional Training Course, including community service and fundraising obligations.
- Provisional members are required to attend five (5) monthly General Membership Meetings and one (1) Board of Directors meeting over the course of the league year.
- Provisional Course Fee ($120) due by contract deadline.
- JLSB Annual Dues ($120) due in February 2018.
- Ways and Means Obligations ($100) due in March 2018.
If you would like more information about Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier please contact Anna Brown Priestley, Admissions/Provisional Chair at email@example.com or contact the League office at (318) 221-6144. We look forward to sharing this opportunity with you and hope you will consider becoming a member of Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier.