Provisional members are new members who are in the process of completing admission requirements for active membership. As such, you shall be committed to completing the provisional course within the following year after your acceptance of provisional membership.
This course is designed to provide opportunities to learn more about the community, train for volunteering and learn about the responsibilities that come with League membership. If you are unable to complete the provisional course for unavoidable reasons, the Management Team may grant one extension of 12 months. While completing the provisional course, provisional members attend General Membership Meetings but are not eligible to vote or hold office. The provisional year is from August until the following May.
Informational meetings are held in the fall and spring to allow interested women to learn about the Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier. The meetings are held at the League Office located at 2601 Line Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71104. A complete list of the provisional course requirements is made available at this meeting.
The application period typically runs from the end of March to the end of May.
Provisional Eligibility and Requirements:
- A candidate shall have reached her 24th birthday by June 1st of the beginning of her Provisional year.
- Provisional members must attend the Provisional Retreat .
- The 2018-2019 Provisional class will be a NIGHT CLASS. Provisional members shall be committed to attend a two-hour monthly Provisional Meeting and complete the Provisional Training Course, that will be held beginning August 2018 through May 2019,
- Provisional members are required to attend five (5) monthly General Membership Meetings and one (1) Board of Directors meeting over the course of the Provisional year.
- $120 – Provisional Course Fee (due by contract deadline)
- $120 – JLSB Annual Dues for Provisional Year (due by contract deadline)
- $100 – Ways and Means Obligations – Cookbooks (due by March of Provisional year)
- $120 – JLSB Annual Dues for 1st Active year (due in February 2018)
If you would like more information about Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier please contact our Admissions/Provisional Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the League office at (318) 221-6144. We look forward to sharing this opportunity with you and hope you will consider becoming a member of Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier!