The Done in a Day program partners with area non-profit organizations to provide hands-on volunteer support for projects consistent with the League’s focus area of Families At Risk. Through Done in a Day, Junior League volunteers support a variety of charitable organizations through short-term projects. When non-profit agencies are limited in achieving their goals due to lack of manpower, this program provides a small, dedicated group of volunteers.
We are accepting applications for Done in a Day projects on an on-going basis. For additional information and our application form, please click here.
2013-2014 Done in a Day community projects include:
- Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission: Feed the homeless
- Northwest Louisiana Food Bank: Pack food boxes for those in need
- Susan’s Closet: Support Susan G. Komen
- Renesting Project: Provide furniture and household goods to those transitioning from homelessness
- Volunteers of America: Assist with Shop With a Doc
- Heart of Hope: Organize/design a house for young pregnant girls
Please note that the above list is a sampling of our volunteer activities and projects are continually evaluated and added per community request.